Communication Studies and Theatre Honor Societies
Lambda Pi Eta
As an accredited member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS), Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) has active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide. LPH represents what Aristotle described in his book Rhetoric as the three ingredients of persuasion: Logos (Lambda) meaning logic, Pathos (Pi) relating to emotion and Ethos (Eta) defined as character credibility and ethics.
Goals of Lambda Pi Eta
- Recognize, foster and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in communication studies
Students who meet the criteria for admission into LPH will be invited to join during their junior or senior year.
For more information, please contact Dr. Melanie K. Laliker, the advisor, or visit the Lambda Pi Eta home page.
Alpha Psi Omega is a national honorary theatre fraternity. Students who distinguish themselves in a number of facets in theatrical production may be invited to join the Bridgewater College chapter, the Eta Upsilon Cast. For more information, please contact Dr. Scott W. Cole, the advisor, or visit the Alpha Psi Omega homepage.