Bridgewater College strives to prepare teachers who are educated in the arts and sciences, who have depth of knowledge in a major discipline, who model effective communication skills, who understand and use technology and research to enhance learning, and who become life-long learners themselves.
Are you up to the challenge? Can you and will you make a difference in the lives of young children? If so, then the teacher education program at Bridgewater College might be the right choice for you.
What makes a Bridgewater College Teacher Candidate stand out?
- Candidates participate in four full semesters of real classroom field experiences, one three-week practicum and a full semester student teaching placement.
- Candidates receive individual attention in small classes of approximately 18 students.
- Most candidates finish the BC Teacher Education Program in four years.
- Candidates learn to be users and producers of instructional technology to enhance student learning and personal marketability including the development of instructional content, assessments and a personal development portfolio.
- The Commonwealth of Virginia has teaching reciprocity agreements with almost all states.
- School administrators and local teaching personnel speak highly of the Bridgewater College graduates in their classrooms.
What Schools Have to Say About Our Graduates
An excellent 1st year teacher! Reflective about lessons. Very happy!
(Page County High School)
She has been a wonderful addition to our program.
(Westwood Hills Elementary School)
An absolutely phenomenal teacher. It is unbelievable that she is only a first year teacher. She has within the first year established herself as within the top ten percent group of teachers . . . I wish I had 10 more just like her! Exceptional! Amazing!
(Muhlenberg Middle School)
She is already demonstrating excellence and it is wonderful to have her as a member of [our] school team . . . She is going to be a Teacher of the Year one day!
(Elkton Middle School)
- Class of