Bridgewater College strives to prepare teachers who are educated in the arts and sciences, who have depth of knowledge in a major discipline, who model effective communication skills, who understand and use technology and research to enhance learning, and who become life-long learners themselves.
Are you up to the challenge? Can you and will you make a difference in the lives of young children? If so, then the teacher education program at Bridgewater College might be the right choice for you.
BC Teacher Education Program Facts
Did you know that . . . .
- Students are in the classroom a minimum of 160 hours before their student teaching experience?
- The student teaching experience is for the entire semester?
- The three-week practicum that immediately precedes the student teaching experience is in your content area?
- The Elementary Teacher Education Program is designated a Model Program by the National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ)?
- The Commonwealth of Virginia has reciprocity agreements with almost all states?
- Most students finish the BC Teacher Education Program in four years?
- School administrators speak highly of the Bridgewater College graduates in their classrooms?
What Schools Have to Say About Our Graduates
An excellent 1st year teacher! Reflective about lessons. Very happy!
(Page County High School)
She has been a wonderful addition to our program.
(Westwood Hills Elementary School)
An absolutely phenomenal teacher. It is unbelievable that she is only a first year teacher. She has within the first year established herself as within the top ten percent group of teachers . . . I wish I had 10 more just like her! Exceptional! Amazing!
(Muhlenberg Middle School)
She is already demonstrating excellence and it is wonderful to have her as a member of [our] school team . . . She is going to be a Teacher of the Year one day!
(Elkton Middle School)