Division of Communication Studies, Fine Arts and Literature
From Psalm 42 by Felix Mendelssohn sung by the Bridgewater Oratorio Choir
- A Cappella Fellas – Student-run male a cappella ensemble specializing in popular song arrangements sung without instrumental accompaniment.
- Chordially Yours – Student-run female a cappella ensemble specializing in popular song arrangements sung without instrumental accompaniment.
- Concert Choir – large choral ensemble. Performances on campus throughout the year. Regional touring in the spring.
- Chorale – 24-voice, select ensemble. Audition required. Members of the Chorale are also members of the Concert Choir. Performances on campus throughout the year. Regional touring in the spring.
- Gospel Choir – open to all students. Focuses on the uplifting messages in gospel music.
- Oratorio Choir – large choral ensemble open to all students and other members of the BC community. No audition required. Rehearsals and concert in the fall semester.
Videos of Choral Ensembles
From At The Water's Edge by Kevin Siegfried sung by the Bridgewater Chorale
1. Top of the Hill [Watch on Our Youtube Channel]
2. Boat Song [Watch on Our Youtube Channel]
- Take Me to the Water by Rollo Dilworth sung by the Bridgewater Concert Choir [Watch on Our Youtube Channel]
Vesuvius by Frank Ticheli performed by the Bridgewater College Symphonic Band
- Chamber Music Ensembles – small ensembles formed to accommodate special musical interests.
- Handbell Choir – four octaves of bells, five octaves of chimes, student directed
- Symphonic Band – large wind and percussion ensemble plays concert repertory. Audition required.
- Jazz Ensemble – performs traditional jazz, music of the big bands and progressive jazz. Audition required.
- Jazz Combo – multiple jazz combos focusing on improvisation, jazz forms and history. All instrumentalists are invited to join. No audition required.
- Pep Band – open to all students. Plays at home basketball and football games, providing spirited music for Eagles fans and cheerleaders.
Strings – chamber music ensembles perform trios, quartets and works with piano. Beginning ensemble available. String players also have the opportunity to audition for large ensembles at a nearby university.
- Outspoken – College praise band performs at weekly chapel services. Includes singers, guitars, keyboards and rhythm.