Federal Perkins Loans
Perkins Loans are student loans funded by the federal government and administered by Bridgewater College and Campus Partners. Other details include:
- Must submit a FAFSA and have exceptional financial need.
- Low interest rate of 5% does not accrue until 9 months after student graduates, drops below half-time status, or withdraws.
- Repayment begins 9 months after student graduates, drops below half-time status, or withdraws.
- Students who borrow Federal Perkins Loans will have the loan information submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). This information will be accessible to guaranty agencies, lenders, and institutions determined to be authorized users of the system.
- Additional information about Federal Perkins Loans is available at Student Aid on the Web.
- If you are borrowing your first Perkins Loan, complete the Perkins Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling online. You will need your FAFSA PIN to sign electronically. To apply for a PIN or request a duplicate, proceed first to the PIN website.
- Students with Perkins loan repayment questions should contact Gail Carr at
540-828-5389 or firstname.lastname@example.org