Financial Aid State Grants
Virginia students may be eligible for either or both of these grants:
Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant (TAG)
- Must be legal Virginia resident
- Complete information about eligibility requirements, application deadlines and award distributions is available through the TAG Information Sheet.
- New students at Bridgewater College must complete a TAG application. You can obtain this application in one of two ways:
- The financial aid office will send an application to each Virginia student with your award package.
- You can print out and complete the 2013-2014 application.
New students must complete the TAG application and submit it to the Financial Aid Office by July 31, 2013
- Returning students - automatically renewable up to 3 years.
- When determined eligible, you must enroll in at least 12 credits in a semester to receive funding for that semester.
- Amount depends on funding allocated by the General Assembly. The estimated award for 2013-2014 is $3,100.
College Scholarship Assistance Grant (CSAP)
- Must submit a FAFSA.
- Awarded to selected Virginia students with exceptional need.
The (State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) has more information on state financial aid for Virginia residents. Pennsylvania and Rhode Island also award grants to residents of their states which can be used at Bridgewater College.