Dining Services Nutrition and Wellness
Our food is flavorful, nutritious and prepared from scratch using only the freshest and highest-quality ingredients.
We’re committed to providing a variety of plant-based foods, like raw and cooked vegetables (including organic where appropriate), fruits, legumes and beans, nuts, seeds and whole grains.
In addition to providing great tasting food, we offer menu items that will satisfy the variety of dietary needs of the campus community. A full line of nutritionally balanced dishes complements these offerings that balance fat, calories and sodium but still creates a naturally nourishing and fabulous-tasting meal. Instead of labeling these meals with “healthy” signage, we incorporate these healthier selections into our dining programs so our guests are accustomed to selecting healthier foods without even knowing.
Whether you’ve made a lifestyle choice or have specific dietary needs, it shouldn’t stop you from enjoying our food. We offer a variety of food options for special diets, including guests with food allergies and intolerances.
At the Whole Body station in the Kline Campus Center, you will always be able to find a delicious, health-focused meal.
Here’s a sampling of what you might find:
- Tofu Stir Fry
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Pita Chips
- Wild Mushroom Turnovers
- Fennel, Orange, Cranberry and Feta Spinach Salad
- Cranberry Quinoa
- Barley Lime Salad with Parmesan
The preparation of farm-fresh food is a Bridgewater Dining Services hallmark. Through FarmSource™, our local sourcing program, we personally meet with farmers, food production owners and artisans, tour their farms and facilities, and hand-select the harvest “in the field” to ensure we receive healthy, natural and fresh food. From Asian, Italian and American cuisine, to exciting fusion and vegetarian dishes, our food is prepared with locally sourced and fresh, in-season food when available. The fresher the food is, the more nutrients it has.
Natural offerings include milk purchased from dairies that do not use the rBST hormone to increase their cow’s milk production. Fish is purchased from sustainable fisheries. Seasonal produce and vegetables, proteins and other natural ingredients are sourced from local farms and food production facilities that use minimal processing. Food is prepared with canola oil containing no trans-fats.
Prepared from Scratch
Our food is prepared from scratch by our talented chefs and bakers. Here’s a sampling of our culinary gold standards:
- Burgers are hand-pressed and made with fresh, never frozen, ground beef
- Soups made from fresh stock
- Homemade breads, pastries and muffins
- Pizza dough made fresh, from scratch
- Fried entrees are always hand-breaded
- Fresh-cut French fries made from local potatoes, when available
- All of our entrée meats are roasted in house
- Our menus emphasize fresh fruits and vegetables, sourced locally when in season
- We offer a minimum of five seasonal, fresh hand fruits daily
- Pasta dishes using classic recipes with homemade sauces
- Exhibition-style cooking, foods prepared to order and in front of you
- Global cuisine prepared authentically with raw ingredients and cooking techniques