Aerobic Studio in the Funkhouser Center
The aerobic studio is a 2,094 square foot room specifically designed for group exercise with its highly cushioned floor and state-of-the-art multi-media sound system. It is located within the Funkhouser Center.
Group fitness classes are offered Sunday through Thursday while school is in session. The classes are taught by a combination of professional and student instructors.
Reserve your spot at the front desk with your ID card!
|AB Zone||All||A 30-minute class that targets the abdominal muscles in a variety of challenging exercises!|
|BodyWorks||All||A group fitness class designed to tone and shape the muscles from the abs to the arms. Each muscle group will be individually targeted to give a great workout while at the same time burning calories! A relaxing flexibility session concludes the class.|
|Boot Camp||Intermediate||Alternating cardio and strength segments designed to keep the heart rate up and increase muscle strength. There are no fancy steps to learn, just a simple, straight forward workout to build great conditioning and fitness!|
|Cardio Kickboxing||All||Kicks, jabs and exciting punch combinations make for an excellent workout session!|
|Cardio Party||All||A very popular and fun dance-like cardiovascular workout that uses dances and music from across the world. The steps are easy to learn and the enthusiasm is contagious!|
|Cycling||All||A group exercise class which uses lively music and indoor stationary cycles to provide a thorough non-impact cardiovascular workout. Individuals of all fitness levels from beginning exercisers through hard-core cyclists can comfortably exercise together. All first-time cyclers should come early in order to learn how to properly adjust the stationary cycle.|
|Fitness Circuits||All||Circuit training is a fun and effective way to improve fitness and burn body fat! Each exerciser works at his/her own level throughout the class going.|
|Muscle Revolution||All||A total body resistance training class designed to increase muscle tone, endurance and strength. Use dumbbells, discs, bands, steps, mats and more to take your body to a new level.|
|PiYo||All||A class geared toward strength, flexibility, core conditioning and balance using moves from yoga and Pilates. Awesome movement sequences and challenging exercises make for a unique and effective workout experience.|
|RIPPED||All||RIPPED stands for: Resistance, Intervals, Power, Plyometrics, Endurance, and Diet. A complete workout designed to challenge every system to build fitness or break through a fitness plateau. Learn more about RIPPED at http://www.rippedplanet.com|
|Sports Conditioning||All||Cardio intervals, agility, strength training and core! Perfect for anyone desiring an athletic based workout.|
|Turbo Kick||All||A choreographed cardio class that incorporates martial arts style moves. Get pumped up with great music for a fun and exciting workout.|
|Step||All||A popular class for over a decade. Class participants learn a basic, choreographed routine on a 6-10 inch step. The class includes some strength and abdominal training as well as stretching.|
|Yoga||Beginner to Intermediate||A mind/body class that helps reduce stress, increase flexibility, build strength and enhance body awareness.|
Aerobic Studio Policies and Reservations
- To serve as a classroom for group exercise classes, health and exercise classes, as well as a potential practice area for College teams, space for College interest groups and other campus activities.
- To be a place where the student body has priority use and can participate in structured or independent exercise endeavors.
- Funkhouser Center programming has precedence over all other requests/reservations for facility usage.
- Non-scuff shoes only! Absolutely no street shoes or shoes that leave marks on the aerobic studio floor.
- Only class participants are permitted in the aerobic studio while class is in session.
- Group Exercise participants need to gather or checkout his/her own equipment for class.
- Group Exercise participants are responsible for disinfecting and returning his/her equipment to its proper place after class is over.
- Authorized personnel (ex: aerobics leaders, HES faculty) only are permitted to access the aerobic studio equipment/closets. At all other times the equipment is to be stored and locked in the appropriate place.
- Group fitness equipment is not permitted to leave the building.
- Bridgewater College academic classes may reserve the aerobics studio for designated dates or for an entire term.
- Bridgewater College interest groups may reserve the aerobics studio provided the purpose of the group is for the benefit of the Bridgewater College campus community. All interests groups must have a contact person who will be in charge of reserving the room.
- All student interest groups are required to have an advisor. All facility reservations will take place between the advisor and Funkhouser Center personnel.
*Note: We cannot always guarantee availability of a specific time slot due to Funkhouser Center programming, academic use or other College programs.
To reserve the aerobic studio, please contact Lori Schrock email@example.com.