Cardio Center in the Funkhouser Center
The cardio center is equipped with a wide variety of high quality exercise equipment, including:
- Life Pro-Series selectorized strength equipment
- Free weights
- an assortment of treadmills, elliptical cross trainers, bicycles
- and more
Each piece of cardiovascular exercise equipment has been linked to our cardio theater entertainment system. Simply plug in your headphones to enjoy cable and network stations on the 10 televisions.
Student employees are trained to supervise the cardio center and demonstrate how each piece of equipment works. Most of our student employees are majoring in health and exercise science and other related fields.
- Sturdy, closed-toed shoes are required while exercising in the cardio center.
- All drinks must be in plastic containers.
- Limit time spent on cardiovascular equipment to 30 minutes when others are waiting.
- Shirts are mandatory.
- Dumbbells and weight plates must be kept under control. Dropping dumbbells and weight plates are positively prohibited.
- All bench press users are required to use a spotter. Ask the employee on duty for assistance.
- Weights must be racked appropriately after you are finished with them.
- Please clean up after yourself. Wipe down your equipment after use.
- Patrons may request radio stations or bring a CD or cassette to play. CDs and cassettes must be approved by the Funkhouser Center administrative staff. Patrons are not permitted to unlock or adjust the sound system in any way.
- No cell phones. Please use them in the hallway or outside.