Campus Parking Rules
Students shall refrain from parking on public streets in the Town of Bridgewater unless otherwise permitted within these rules and regulations. As there are sufficient parking spaces on campus for all student vehicles, parking policies will be enforced. All parking spaces on campus are within a reasonable distance from classroom buildings and student residence halls. To maintain orderly parking and best accommodate campus functions, the following rules are provided.
In accepting a campus parking permit, you agree to comply with the following rules:
1. Student vehicles shall display a current year decal located on the outside left (driver’s side) rear window.
2. Upperclass resident students may park only in lots designated for resident parking – Geisert lot, Heritage lot, Wakeman lot, Daleville lot, Dillon lot, the Carter Center lot between the center island and Wright Hall, designated areas behind the Kline Campus Center (KCC), Third Street lot across from Carter Center and the lot located behind the McKinney Center.
3. All freshmen may park only in the lot behind Geisert Hall (except next to the building), behind the McKinney Center or in areas behind the KCC (but not in spaces adjacent to buildings).
4. No student parking is permitted in any faculty/staff lot at any time. Vehicles parked in faculty/staff parking lots not displaying a faculty/staff decal will be towed.
5. Commuter student parking is available in the parking lot behind the KCC. Commuter student parking is also permitted in the commuter parking lot located on East College Street west of Flory Hall, along East College Street between Third Street and the entrance to the KCC parking lot, and behind the McKinney Center.
6. Parking is prohibited on all public streets with the exception of commuter students being allowed to park on the north side of East College Street between Third Street and the entrance to the KCC. No parking is allowed on East College Street east of the Boitnott House. Resident and honor house students may not park on East College Street.
7. Resident students may not park in lots specifically assigned for commuters.
8. Students may not park at: all yellow curb areas located on campus and/or the surrounding streets, in residential areas within the Town of Bridgewater, or white or red curb designated parking areas, including parking for residence hall directors. Students may not park in the Memorial/Yount parking lot.
9. All parking fines are to be paid at the finance office, located in Flory Hall, within 30 days of receiving the violation. After 30 days an additional late fee will be assessed.
10. Students who have received an excessive amount of parking tickets are subject to having their parking permits revoked.
11. Parking permits are not transferable to other vehicles.
12. Vehicles will be towed immediately if parked on the grass anywhere on campus, in front of any dumpster, loading docks, any yellow curb and fire lane areas, particularly those indicated by red curbs. Resident student vehicles parked in areas designated for commuter students, faculty or staff are also subject to towing.
13. Parking is not permitted on any sidewalk or walkway.
14. Parking is not permitted alongside any lane.
15. Overnight parking is not permitted in the faculty/staff lot next to Cole Hall.
16. Unregistered or illegally parked vehicles are subject to towing at the owner’s expense. Repeat violations will result in loss of parking privileges. Vehicles will be towed for failure to pay fines and will not be authorized to be released until all parking fines have been paid to the finance office located in Flory Hall.
17. All appeals of parking tickets must be made in person at the office of the chief of campus police within seven (7) days of the issuance of the parking ticket. You must have the original ticket to present at the time of appeal.
18. For student vehicles parked temporarily on campus for a week or less, a temporary parking pass must be obtained from the office of campus police. To obtain a student temporary parking permit after business hours, call ext. 5609, 24 hours a day. There is no charge for a student temporary parking pass. These passes are only available for students who have been issued a parking permit but have a different vehicle on campus for a legitimate reason. Guest parking passes should be obtained from an area coordinator.
19. Replacement parking decals will only be issued upon receipt of the original decal. Pro-rated fees will be charged for lost decals.