The Transition Program is a personal and academic support program required as a condition of admission for selected Bridgewater students. The program is coordinated by the director of academic support and is assisted by upper class students. The program is designed to provide personal and academic support, learning skills, academic advising and peer academic assistance.
- Fall Class Schedule
For the fall semester, students register for a maximum of twelve credits. Starting with a reasonable class load promotes personal, social and academic adjustment to college. Twelve credits is considered full time. The director of academic support arranges the fall class schedule.
- Study Hours
Students study six hours per week at the Academic Support Center - two hours per day, three days per week, between 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Study hours promote "ongoing" learning, effective time management and work completion.
- Academic Coach – study group meeting
Students meet every week with an Academic Coach and/or a study group. Emphasis is on planning, organization and management of college work. Meetings occur twice per week. Effective management of time, assignments and test preparation is essential to work completion in college.
Additionally, the Academic Coach may serve as a tutor for at least one course.
- Weekly Meeting
Students meet weekly with the director of academic support throughout the semester regarding personal and academic progress.
- Students are expected to attend all Transition Program sessions throughout the semester.
- Transition Program requirements are completed when students earn a grade point average of 2.0 or greater for the semester based upon twelve credits, and when the measures above have been met.
- Students must earn a semester G.P.A. of 2.0 before increasing course load in subsequent semesters.
- Students with a grade point average below 2.0 after fall semester continue the Transition Program in following semester.
For additional assistance, please contact:
Chip Studwell, Ed.D., LPC
Director of Academic Support
Director of Disability and Tutoring Services