In partnership with Bridgewater College, The Clery Center is bringing their one-day basics course to campus on September 19, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Lunch will be provided.
Clery Act: Basics provides a foundational overview of each of the large, topical areas of the Clery Act focusing on how roles at an institution intersect with Clery Act compliance and implementation responsibilities.
This training will help identify concrete action items each of those roles should take in order to support overall, institutionalized Clery Act compliance.
This training will review:
- Identification and notification of Campus Security Authorities (CSAs) and strategies for training them
- Clery Act geography definitions
- Clery Act crime categories
- Distinctions between timely warnings and emergency notifications
- Rights and options for survivors of sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking
- Procedures for responding to and prevention programming for sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking
- Annual Security Report components –What staff other than Public Safety need to understand and how can their roles intersect with this work
This training is best suited for those in roles whose functions partially intersect with Clery Act compliance: Student Affairs (residence life/housing, student conduct, violence prevention, health and wellness), Human Resources, Athletics, Study Abroad, Greek life, to name a few. We will discuss how gaining a clearer understanding of areas such as CSA responsibilities, prevention and response for sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking, and Clery geography within each of these intersecting roles aids in the institutionalization of Clery Act compliance.
Fee: $100 for non-Bridgewater College employees. Please note we cannot accept credit card payments via the registration form or the day of the training. Please bring a check made out to Bridgewater College for the full fee amount on the day of training. Please reach out to Heidi Hoover, email@example.com if you have any questions.
Register for the Clery Act: Basics Course by September 1, 2019.