Administrative Assistant Student Life
Title: Administrative Assistant Student Life
Date: April 10, 2015
Department: Student Life
Bridgewater College seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant for the Department of Student Life.
Responsibilities include serving as the initial contact person and coordinator of communications with students, faculty, parents, staff, and the general public in a high paced active office enviornment. The successful candidate will:
- Provide excellent customer service and support to the department by acting as a liaison between the Dean of Students, administration, faculty, staff, students, parents and/or vendors.
- Hire, train and supervise work study students.
- Prepare all correspondence and schedule meetings as requested by the Dean of Students.
- Organize, plan and coordinate special events for the Dean of Students.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality due to working with sensitive student information.
- Accurately enter, maintain and report on data using various software systems.
- Coordinate student service requests among multiple campus departments, with a continuous focus on best possible student outcomes.
High School Diploma required with extensive administrative experience in lieu of a degree with demonstrated competence. Post-secondary degree and/or certificate in related field is preferred.
The successful candidate should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum five years of experience in a customer service environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to focus on details
- Demonstrated high level of energy, enthusiasm and professionalism
- Advanced computer and data entry skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with computer systems and proven ability to learn multiple computer programs quickly
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a team focused approach
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with college-age “clients”, sometimes regarding stressful situations
Bridgewater offers bachelor of arts and bachelor of science degrees in more than 60 majors and minors, along with multiple areas of emphasis and concentrations, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, dual degree programs and teacher certification. The College is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 22 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant 300-acre residential campus includes an equestrian center and is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, the state's lowest crime rate, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
For Additional Information
Please complete our online application and attach a cover letter, resume and three letters of reference.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Bridgewater College is a welcoming and vibrant community committed to supporting a diverse faculty, and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally under-represented groups. Bridgewater College is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Bridgewater College has partnered with the U.S. Department of Agriculture to obtain resources to enhance the College’s facilities, including the recent addition to and renovation of the College’s primary athletic facility. The College is posting the following notice as required by federal law by organizations which benefit from the USDA’s funding program.