Commencement events are being carefully planned in order to honor your achievements. Please be sure to check your email, as well as the Commencement website, for important information and reminders in the months leading up to Commencement. Please be advised, seniors who have reasons that will make it impossible for them to attend Commencement should present a written request/notification to the Provost by Friday, April 3, 2020.
Senior Salute will be held Wednesday, March 25 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Thursday, March 26 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Eagle’s Nest. Please watch your email closer to the event for specific information.
The following will be participating in Senior Salute:
- Jostens – Jostens will be on hand for cap and gown pick-up and will also be able to help with ordering graduation announcements, class rings, etc.
- Office of the Registrar – The Registrar will be available to answer any questions regarding graduation requirements and eligibility
- Career Services – Career Services will be offering advice and assistance for life after graduation including writing resumes, job search assistance, and graduate school selection
- Alumni Relations – Alumni Relations can assist graduates with alumni registration
- IT Center – The IT Center will be available to answer questions regarding IT changes for graduates following Commencement, including how graduates can keep their Bridgewater College email
Commencement Rehearsal will be held on Thursday, April 30 from 2 to 4 p.m. under the tent on the Campus Mall.
In the case of inclement weather, an alternative location will be announced. During rehearsal, graduates will be given additional information regarding the Baccalaureate and Commencement events, have a cap and gown demonstration, will review forming the processional and receive instructions for the Commencement service, will pick up their reserved-seating tickets and can pre-purchase guest tickets for the Baccalaureate Reception.
Following rehearsal, reserved-seating tickets will be taken to the Information Desk at Kline Campus Center. If you are unable to make it to rehearsal, you will need to pick up your tickets from that location. Someone will be available to hand out tickets through the morning of Commencement. Please be sure to bring your college ID if you are picking up your tickets from the Information Desk.
Rehearsal is mandatory – if you cannot attend, you will need to email email@example.com.
A group photo of the Class of 2020 will be taken at 9:15 a.m. on Saturday, May 2 on the home side bleachers at the football field. Seniors should arrive to the football stadium no later than 9 a.m.. In the case of inclement weather, the class photo will be taken in Nininger Hall.
Group photos for Masters graduates will be taken at 9:20 a.m. on Saturday, May 2 (location TBA). Masters graduates should arrive to the Memorial Hall steps no later than 9:10 a.m. In the case of inclement weather, class photos will be taken in Nininger Hall.
Access to the photo area will be limited to graduates and Commencement staff. We ask that all guests please be respectful of the photographer and Bridgewater College staff as they try to capture the group photo in an organized and timely manner, so as not to delay the start of Commencement.