Tuesday, March 8, 2022
10 a.m.–1 p.m.
BC’s Forrer Learning Commons
318-350 E. College Street
Bridgewater, Virginia 22812
Our Career & Internship Fair provides a wonderful opportunity for employers looking to recruit BC students from all different majors for jobs and summer internship opportunities. We are excited to welcome you to campus to recruit candidates for current (and future) hiring needs, to increase your organization’s visibility on campus, and to develop early connections with our talented students.
Bridgewater’s Career & Internship Fair is a 1-day event. The $150 registration fee covers your lunch and allows each organization to bring up to two representatives. If you’d like to bring more than two company reps, you may do so for an additional $20 per person. Bridgewater College students from all majors will be in attendance.
- 8:30 a.m.-10 a.m.: Arrive at the Forrer Learning Commons, check in, and set up table
- 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: Career & Internship Fair
- 1-2 p.m.: Lunch; networking opportunity with BC Faculty
Important Dates & Deadlines
- Registration Opens: Friday, Jan. 28, 2022*
- Registration Closes: Wednesday, March 2, 2022 (or when all slots fill, whichever occurs first).
- Cancellation Deadline for 100% refund: Monday, Feb. 14, 2022
- Cancellation Deadline for 50% refund: Thursday, Feb. 24, 2022
- Cancellations received after February 24th will not be refunded and will not be credited toward future fairs.
- If the event is canceled by Bridgewater College due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be issued.
*Please submit payment within 15 days of completing the registration process. Registration is not confirmed until payment has been received. If payment is not received, your table will be given to another company on the waitlist. Please note: We are only able to accept credit cards as the method of payment. Payments via check will not be accepted.
For questions regarding your invoice, please contact Assistant Director of Career Development & Technology, Madeleine Martin, at email@example.com.
- $150 – Corporate and For-Profit Organizations
- $100 – Government Agencies & Non-Profits (this status will be verified using the email address provided during registration)
- $50 – 501(c)(3) Charitable Non-Profits (to verify 501(c)(3) status, please be prepared to share tax ID during registration)
- $20 – Additional Attendees**
**All registration fees include lunch, one table (6′ x 2′), event publicity, and 2 representatives (each additional attendee is $20). Each organization is limited to 1 table only.
Career Fair Registration Instructions
If your organization has a Handshake account:
- Log into your account
- Click Fairs on the left bar
- Search for Bridgewater College in Schools
- Select the Bridgewater College Career and Internship Fair
- Click Register
- For further information, see the Handshake Events & Career Fairs help page:
If your organization DOES NOT have a Handshake account:
- You must first create a Handshake account for your organization; the following article will help you get started.
- Within 24 hours of registering on Handshake, you will receive a confirmation email.
- If you encounter issues with registering for the fair in Handshake and have questions, contact
Assistant Director of Career Development & Technology
Lunch; Networking Opportunity with BC Faculty
For the safety of faculty, staff and visiting employers, lunch* will be a freshly-made “contactless” option. We encourage you to stop by the Center for Career Development’s Office and network with BC faculty and CCD staff members.
* Please notify us of any dietary restrictions by sending us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re thrilled to be hosting this Career & Internship Fair as an in-person event but in order to do so we are encouraging practices designed to keep all participants healthy.
- All students, employees, and visitors are required to wear masks in any indoor public area on campus, and this policy will be enforced at the Career & Internship Fair.
- The exchange of resumes and other documents should happen based on the comfort-level of participating parties. Consider the following:
- Employers may ask students to email their resumes or upload them to Handshake.
- Instead of exchanging business cards, students may take a photo of employers’ contact information.
- We encourage the use of greetings other than handshakes at this time. Consider using an elbow bump or fist-bump instead of a handshake.
See Bridgewater’s COVID website for more information.
Inclement Weather Policy
Delayed Opening: 9 a.m., 10 a.m. or 11 a.m.
If winter weather should delay Bridgewater’s opening (till 9am, 10am or 11am) then the Career & Internship Fair will still take place. We will provide additional information via email to all participating employers, so make sure to check your email for more detailed instructions. Updated information on Bridgewater’s closing for winter weather can be found on the Bridgewater College homepage: www.bridgewater.edu .
Delayed Opening: 12 p.m. (noon) or Cancellation
If Bridgewater College should have a delayed opening at 12 noon or close altogether, we will have no choice but to cancel and reschedule the fair. You will receive additional information (via email) regarding the logistics for attending this make-up event. Updated information on Bridgewater’s closing for winter weather can be found on the Bridgewater College homepage: www.bridgewater.edu .