Renowned Speakers Take the Stage
The first female Secretary of State. Pulitzer Prize Winners. Powerful activists. Best-selling authors. Renowned musicians. You’ll see them all at Bridgewater.
We’ve had amazing speakers and artists take the stage at Bridgewater College.
- Jeff Corwin, Emmy-winning TV host, conservationist and wildlife biologist. Corwin shares his passion for environmental conservation in a talk that inspires audiences to become more aware of the threats to wildlife and the environment.
- Dr. Madeleine Albright, a professor, author, diplomat and businesswoman who served as the first female U.S. Secretary of State (1997-2001).
- Photojournalist Lynsey Addario, who covers major conflict zones across the globe including the Middle East, South Asia, Haiti and Africa. She was named one of 20 women on Oprah Winfrey’s Power List for her “Power of Bearing Witness” and one of Glamour magazine’s 20 Women of the Year in 2011.
- Charlotte Clymer, the former press secretary for Rapid Response at the Human Rights Campaign, the nation’s largest civil rights organization dedicated to advancing lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) equality. Clymer is a Texan, military veteran and proud transgender woman, based in Washington, D.C.
- Symone D. Sanders, a strategist, communications consultant, and CNN political commentator. Sanders was the Senior Advisor for Joe Biden’s 2020 presidential campaign, as well as Principal of the 360 Group, LLC, through which she provides strategic communications guidance to organizations, businesses, individuals, campaigns and candidates.
- Michael Steele, when elected Lieutenant Governor of Maryland in 2003, made history as the first African American elected to statewide office. He made history again with his subsequent chairmanship of the Republican National Committee (RNC) in 2009.
- Steve Schmidt, renowned political strategist on campaigns for President George W. Bush, Senator John McCain, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. MSNBC political analyst.
- Monica Lewinsky, social activist in the battle against online harassment, advocating for a safer social media environment. As a public speaker, writer and contributor to Vanity Fair, she addresses such topics as survival, resilience, digital reputation and equality.
You won’t believe who you get to see. Right here. At BC.