Ready to explore the cultures, history and politics that shape our world? Prepare to work across boundaries in an interconnected, global society? Earn a global studies degree from Bridgewater.
As a global studies major, you are strongly encouraged to explore a minor in your area of interest – world languages and cultures, economics, business, philosophy and religion, and more. – and to study abroad. See the world from new perspectives and experience life in another country.
Specific requirements for this major can be found in the College Catalog.
Required Courses Meet the Faculty
What can you do with your global studies degree?
Like many BC graduates, you might enter graduate schools such as:
- Catholic University (International Studies)
- Clemson University (History)
- The George Washington University (International Development and Business)
- James Madison University (History)
- Indiana University (Hispanic Literature)
- Northwestern University (Politics/International Relations)
- University of Chicago (Middle Eastern Studies)
- University of Delaware (Public History)
- University of Pittsburgh (Security and Intelligence Studies)
- University of Richmond (Law School)
- University of South Carolina (Public History)
- Virginia Tech (Public Administration and Women’s Studies)
- West Virginia University (Doctoral History Program)
Or pursue a career in:
- Government Services
- International Organizations
- Museum and Archival Work
- Secondary and Higher Education
Learn more about employment and advancement in the field of political science from the American Political Science Association.