Discover a world of history at Bridgewater College. As a history major, you’ll choose from classes that cover everything from early U.S. history to modern Africa and Afghanistan. Get to know the world we live in and how it came to be.
Specific requirements for this major can be found in the College Catalog.
Careers and Graduate Schools
What can you do with your history degree?
Like the department’s recent graduates, you might enter graduate schools such as:
- Catholic University (International Studies)
- Clemson University (History)
- The George Washington University (International Development and Business)
- James Madison University (History)
- Indiana University (Hispanic Literature)
- Northwestern University (Politics/International Relations)
- University of Chicago (Middle Eastern Studies)
- University of Delaware (Public History)
- University of Pittsburgh (Security and Intelligence Studies)
- University of Richmond (Law School)
- University of South Carolina (Public History)
- Virginia Tech (Public Administration and Women’s Studies)
- West Virginia University (Doctoral History Program)
Or pursue a career in:
- Government Services
- International Organizations
- Museum and Archival Work
- Secondary and Higher Education
Learn more about career paths, employment and advancement in history from the American Historical Association.