Law, public policy and more
Choose from one of three tracks in the political science major: standard, public policy and pre-law.
Plan to go to law school? You can follow the pre-law track in the political science major, or pursue another major (including political science under the standard or public policy tracks) and add a pre-law concentration. Check out all the options available for you under Pre-Law.
Interested in getting your master’s in public policy or master’s in public administration? Complete the public policy track of the political science degree or add the politics and public policy concentration.
Want to pursue a career or graduate study in international relations or security studies? Add a global studies minor and a world languages and cultures major or minor to your political science degree.
If you’re interested in graduate study or a career in environmental policy, consider choosing the public policy track and adding either a major in biology or environmental science or a concentration in environmental science.
If you plan to pursue graduate study or a career in criminal justice or public safety, add the crime and justice minor in the sociology department.
What can you do with your political science degree?
Like many BC graduates, you might enter graduate schools such as:
- Catholic University (International Studies)
- Clemson University (History)
- The George Washington University (International Development and Business)
- James Madison University (History)
- Indiana University (Hispanic Literature)
- Northwestern University (Politics/International Relations)
- University of Chicago (Middle Eastern Studies)
- University of Delaware (Public History)
- University of Pittsburgh (Security and Intelligence Studies)
- University of Richmond (Law School)
- University of South Carolina (Public History)
- Virginia Tech (Public Administration and Women’s Studies)
- West Virginia University (Doctoral History Program)
Or pursue a career in:
- Government Services
- International Organizations
- Museum and Archival Work
- Secondary and Higher Education
Learn more about employment and advancement in the field of political science from the American Political Science Association.