The Showker Prize
Do you want to tackle a difficult problem with your fellow BC students? Do you want to be part of a team that is eligible to win $5,000?
Introducing… the Showker Prize from the Zane D. Showker Institute for Responsible Leadership. The Prize will be awarded to one interdisciplinary team of students who use their expertise, creativity and passion to provide a solution to a challenging problem.
All teams must fill out and submit the Showker Prize Team Registration Form and attend The Team Gathering.
- Each team must have no fewer than 5 team members and no more than 10 team members.
- No student may belong to more than one team.
- Each team must have members representing at least 3 different majors.
- Each team, at all times, must have one member who is the designated Team Leader. The Team Leader is the official representative of the team. A change in leadership requires an agreement by 2/3 of the team's membership. Teams may change their Team Leader by submitting a completed Change in Membership Form to the prize administrator.
- Team members may not be removed from a team by the team, however a team member may voluntarily resign from a team by submitting a completed Change in Membership Form to the prize administrator.
- Teams may add team members to their membership at the Winter Rally. Adding additional members to a team's membership requires unanimous agreement by the original team members.
- Teams may add additional members by submitting a completed Change in Membership Form to the prize administrator at the Winter Rally event.
The Team Gathering
Incomplete registration forms or forms submitted after the Team Gathering will not be accepted.
The Team Gathering is where teams will have an opportunity to meet each other, learn about the guidelines, and ask the organizers and administrator questions that they might have.
All team members must be present at the Team Gathering. Team members who are not present will be eliminated from consideration for the Showker Prize and ineligible to participate in future Showker Prize events.
Team Wordpress Sites
To request your team’s WordPress site, please go to https://wp.bridgewater.edu and complete the form at the bottom of the page. In the subject line, put “Showker Prize: (Group Name)” and in the description box, put all your group members' usernames and first and last names.
If you need step by step help with setting up your website, you can find an in-depth tutorial at https://wp.bridgewater.edu/tutorials/.
Schedule and Events
- The Team Gathering: 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, September 20, Cole Hall
- Preparing for The Pitch: 6:30 p.m., Thursday, October 13, McKinney 100
- The Pitch: 1 p.m., Saturday, October 29, McKinney 100
- Seed Money Award Date: 9 a.m., Friday, November 4
- Status Report: 5 p.m., Friday, December 2
- RSVP Deadline for the Winter Rally, 5 p.m., Monday, January 23
- The Winter Rally: 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, January 31, TBD
- Preparing for The Reveal: 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 11, McKinney 100
- Digital Entry Deadline: 11:59 p.m., Saturday, April 22
- The Reveal: 4 p.m., Saturday, April 29, McKinney 100
- College Awards Ceremony: 3 p.m.., Sunday, May 7, Cole Hall
Questions? Contact Us!
Dr. Randy Young
Director of the Zane D. Showker Institute for Responsible Leadership