Bridgewater College seeks to enroll well-rounded, mature students whose motivation and educational achievements indicate they are prepared to do college-level work.
What classes are required for admission?
|Mathematics (at least thru Algebra II)||3|
|Social Sciences and History||3|
Even though foreign language is not a requirement for admission, we highly recommend that you take at least two years of a foreign language.
Will I get AP Credit?
In order to receive credit consideration, a minimum test score of 3 is required.
Will I get credit for my dual enrollment classes?
In order to receive credit consideration, there must be a comparable class offered at Bridgewater College and you must have earned a C or higher.
When can I submit my application?
Typically the application is available mid-August of your senior year of high school. Apply as early as you can but no later than May 1 to enroll in the upcoming fall semester. To enroll in the upcoming spring semester, apply no later than January 1. Applications received after these dates will be considered as space allows.
If you are on our mailing list, you will receive an email when the application is live. To get your name on our mailing list, create an account today. We’ll send you a reminder when it’s time to apply.
What does Bridgewater consider when reviewing my application?
- GPA – This is a good indicator of your overall high school performance.
- SAT or ACT scores – We take either test and will review your application based on your highest scores. We encourage you to a test more than once. Students usually do better the second time around.
- Courses – We encourage students to take the most challenging courses they can. Earning a “B” in an honors level course is better than a “D” in an AP level course.
- Class rank – How you compare to your peers.
How do I apply?
- Submit your FREE online application.
- Submit your official high school transcript that includes your senior classes.
- Send your SAT or ACT scores directly from the testing agency.
What happens after my application is complete?
Your admissions counselor reviews your application and an admission decision is mailed to you. Our rolling admissions system means you don’t have to wait long to find out if you are in!
Do I need to apply for an academic scholarship?
No. Admitted students are automatically reviewed for academic scholarships.
What are my campus visit options?
- Personalized Visit
- Open Houses
- Special Events
Check our visit page for dates and times.
Who can I contact about my application?
Questions? Contact us!
Office of Admissions
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. – noon