With a busy schedule of classes, sports, community service and campus activities, you’ll have enough on your mind. So the last thing you need is to worry about what you’re going to eat.
Whether it’s a relaxing dinner with friends, a grab-bag breakfast on the way to an early morning class or a late-night snack, you’ll find just what you’re craving at Bridgewater Dining Services. We partner with Parkhurst Dining, an award-winning food service management company, to provide a wide selection of delicious, fresh and healthy foods to keep your body healthy and your mind sharp.
Take a look at some of our gold standards:
- Fresh, hand-cut vegetables every day
- Pizza dough made from scratch
- Real mashed potatoes
- Fresh (never frozen) hamburgers
- Eggs made to order daily
- No microwave cooking
- Hand-breaded poultry, fish and beef
- Locally sourced foods and produce when possible
Did You Know?
- All remaining, unserved food from the dining hall that could be frozen and reheated is donated to the Blue Ridge Food Bank.
- The Harrisonburg Boys and Girls Club comes to campus two to three times a week to pick up our remaining food to feed the kids in their programs.
- During the 2016-2017 school year, Bridgewater Dining Services donated more than 300 pounds of food to the Boys and Girls Club.
- Both pre-consumer waste and remaining foods that cannot be saved go into a compost bin—not the trash.
Allergies and Special Diets
If you have special dietary needs, we are happy to offer delicious options that meet your needs. We can accommodate all food allergies, as well as vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free. Contact Bridgewater Dining Services general manager Geordon Duncan to discuss how we can help you.
The KCC Dining Hall
The Kline Campus Center (KCC) dining hall offers a casual atmosphere where you can gather with friends around small, friendly tables, with restaurant-style seating, booths or counters with stools. Watch a football game on the flat-screen TVs. You can grab a snack or sit down for a relaxing meal at any time of day. Feel free to come and go as many times as you want, every day of the week.
Sunday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to midnight
- College St. Deli, a mouthwatering assortment of deli meats, cheeses, fresh toppings andbreads. Make your own sandwich or choose from our delicious daily specials.
- Wheatcroft’s homemade pastries, muffins and cookies as well as a cereal bar and assortment of breads for a great start to any morning.
- Whole Body with delicious, health-focused dishes that are low in fat, sodium and cholesterol with a lot of vegetables and lean, grilled proteins.
- Crunch is dedicated to fresh and innovative vegetarian and vegan options.
- Mongo Fresh, a Mongolian grill where you choose your protein, vegetable and grain and then watch as our culinarian makes something tasty.
- Seasons for homestyle, season-inspired entrees such as house-roasted meats with fresh, local vegetable medleys.
- Slice Pizza + Pasta with pizza made from fresh, from-scratch dough and savory pasta dishes that range from traditional to contemporary.
- Grille features hand-pressed burgers made from fresh ground beef and hand-cut French fries made from locally grown potatoes when in season.
- Salad Bar with a vast assortment of veggies, pre-made salads and toppings.
Smitty’s – Coming Soon
Stop by Smitty’s in the Forrer Learning Commons for a satisfying cup of Starbucks coffee, espresso or frappuccino. For breakfast, you can enjoy one of our fresh baked pastries or a delicious breakfast sandwich. For lunch, try one of our favorite Signature Salads and Signature Sandwiches. If you want to relax, you’ll enjoy sitting by the fireplace and catching up with friends.
Regular Academic Year Hours
Monday: 7:15 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Tuesday: 7:15 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:15 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Thursday: 7:15 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Friday: 7:15 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Questions? Contact Us!
Geordon Duncan, General Manager