Outside scholarships are not affiliated with Bridgewater College. Students should exercise caution when pursuing outside scholarships. The listing of outside scholarships on this page is for informational purposes only. Inclusion in the listing does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by Bridgewater College. Any views or opinions expressed by these outside sites do not necessarily represent those of Bridgewater College. Neither Bridgewater College nor its Financial aid Office can guarantee the accuracy or the timeliness of information found at any of the links in the listing, particularly where deadlines are concerned. Students should review all scholarship materials and information carefully, especially before submitting an application fee of any kind, and apply for scholarships at the student’s own risk and discretion.
See Alert: Scholarship Scams below for information on how to avoid scholarship scams.
College Savings Plans
Private Scholarship Search
- ACS Scholars Program
- AFCEA STEM Teacher for America’s Future
- BAM Scholarship
- Epsilon Sigma Alpha Foundation Scholarships
- The Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- GE-Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation Scholarship Program
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation
- J.T. – Minnie Maude Charitable Trust
- Mary Blackwell Barnes Memorial Scholarship
- National Merit Scholarship
- Ron Brown Scholar Program
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Rhodes Scholar
- Tillman Military Scholars Program
- Arlington Community Foundation
- Central Blue Ridge Community Foundation
- The Community Foundation of Richmond and Central Virginia
- The Community Foundation for Northern Virginia
- Community Foundation of the Dan River Region
- Community Foundation of the Virginias, Inc.
- Hampton Roads Community Foundation
- Peninsula Community Foundation of Virginia
- Shenandoah Community Foundation
- Southeast Virginia Community Foundation
Alert: Scholarship Scams
To check legitimacy of scholarship search services or individuals, for information about financial aid scams, and tips to avoid being scammed visit these web sites:
Veteran’s Educational Benefits
Veteran’s educational benefits can be used at Bridgewater College. The process can be started by going to https://www.vets.gov/education/ to request a Certificate of Eligibility. The certificate should then be forwarded to the registrar, Cynthia Howdyshell-Shull, for certification. The registrar can be reached at email@example.com and 540-828-5313.
Please visit https://www.bridgewater.edu/legal/consumer-information/veterans-and-military-service-members-information/ for more information on services and benefits available for veterans and military service members.
Reporting Outside Scholarships
Please inform the Office of Financial Aid about outside scholarships by emailing scholarship notifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside scholarship checks should be mailed to:
Office of Student Accounts
College Box 2
Bridgewater, VA 22812-1599