Guests should make necessary motel/hotel reservations as early as possible. The closest hotel to campus is The Village Inn. Other accommodations are available in the greater Harrisonburg/Staunton area.
If you will be claiming a handicapped parking space, you must have handicapped parking tags. Handicapped parking will be located along the north side of College Street, up to the Kline Campus Center, as well as in the Carter Center parking lot. An officer will be present at East College Street to assist with parking. Please see the Bridgewater College Baccalaureate and Commencement Campus Map for handicapped parking locations along College Street. Golf carts will be available along East College Street and at the Carter Center parking lot for any guests who need assistance getting from parking to seating on the Campus Mall. To view parking availability for all of Bridgewater Campus, please see the Bridgewater College Campus Map.
Classic Photography and Imaging will be handling all Commencement photography. Group photos of the Class of 2023 will be taken the morning of Commencement. In addition, individual photos will be taken of each graduate receiving their diploma from President David Bushman during the Commencement ceremony, as well as a photo of each graduate once they exit the stage. Following Commencement, photos may be viewed and ordered online at www.classic-photo.com.
This commercial organization is providing services for those who are interested and the cost for these services will be detailed by Classic Photography and Imaging. Following Commencement, if you have specific questions regarding the photos taken by Classic Photography and Imaging, please contact them directly.
Guest Instructions for Reserved Seating Tickets
Graduates will receive four tickets for reserved seating and will be able to transfer tickets to their guests, if they choose. Guests must create an account on Ticket Spicket to accept the tickets graduates transfer to them. Guests will be able to keep their tickets on their mobile phone or print. Reserved seating tickets will be scanned starting at 8:00 a.m. on the Campus Mall the day of Commencement.
- Creating a Ticket Spicket account.
- Claiming Transferred Tickets
- Accessing your tickets on mobile phone. (Printing instructions also included)
- Electronic Transfer of tickets to another guest.
If you or your guests need assistance with tickets, please contact HELP@bridgewater.edu or by calling 540-828-HELP
Commencement Guest Services
- Cristy’s Floral Designs will be located on the Rebecca Quad for any guests who would like to purchase a bouquet of flowers. Bouquets of roses will be available for purchase for $25.
- Smitty’s Café is located inside the Forrer Learning Commons and will be open to guests from 8 a.m. to noon. Starbucks, as well as limited food and drinks, will be available at Smitty’s.
- The Bridgewater College Campus Store will be open from 8 a.m. to noon.