Transform your future
Want to translate, work in human services or government fields, or teach English as a secondary language? Your Spanish degree from Bridgewater College can prepare you for those opportunities and so much more.
Specific requirements for this major can be found in the College Catalog.
Required Courses Meet the Faculty
Join the World Languages Club. Practice your language skills and participate in language and culture-related activities.
Gain valuable experience through internships in social services, businesses and area public schools, including:
- The Collins Center
- Harrisonburg ESL program
- Department of Human Services
- Walt Disney World (semester off-campus, summer)
What can you do with your Spanish degree?
Like many BC graduates, you might enter graduate schools such as:
- George Mason University (Teaching ESL)
- Mercer University, McAfee School of Theology (Divinity & Clinical Counseling)
- Middlebury College (Spanish, Japanese)
- College of Notre Dame of Maryland (Education)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (Pharmacy)
- Virginia Tech (Teaching ESL)
Or pursue a career with employers such as:
- Bilingual/Translating Services
- Department of Defense
- Disney World Resorts
- Public and Private Schools
- Rosetta Stone
- Social Security Office
- State Department
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
Learn more about employment and advancement in the field of translation from the American Translators Association.