At BC, you’ll develop the critical thinking, communication and problem-solving skills needed for the 21st century global business world. And you’ll be valuable to a diverse group of employers, who are looking for talented, ethical employees who adapt well to a changing work environment.
Ready to get started?
Specific requirements for this major can be found in the College Catalog.
You can also add an emphasis (area of focus) to add depth to the major. Choose from:
- International Commerce
- Organization Management
Activities and Clubs
Join clubs like:
- Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization (CEO)
Gain inspiration, resources and networking opportunities as a budding student entrepreneur
- Sigma Beta Delta
Honor society for Economics and Business Administration
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Participate in mock interviews, resume development and networking with professional hiring managers
Travel to places like China and Europe as part of the cross-cultural issues in business class.
Study abroad for a semester in one of dozens of different countries.
Complete an internship for employers such as:
- CPA firms
- Federal government agencies
- Hotels and resorts
- Insurance firms
- Investment management firms
- Law offices
- Local governments
- Manufacturing firms
Careers and Graduate Schools
What can you do with your business administration degree?
Like the department’s recent graduates, you might enter graduate schools such as:
- College of William and Mary, Mason School of Business
- Eastern Mennonite University
- James Madison University
- Radford University
- Thunderbird School of Global Management
- University of Richmond, Robins School of Business
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Tech
Or pursue a career with employers such as:
- Brown, Edwards, and Company
- Commonwealth of Virginia
- Dell Computers
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
- Hospital Corporation of America
- PBGH Certified Public Accountants
- Peace Corps
- Rosetta Stone
- Ryan Homes
- S.B. Hoover & Company
- Sentara RMH (Rockingham Memorial Hospital)
- Sun Trust Bank
- Virginia Financial Group
- World Bank
- YNBP Certified Public Accountants
Learn more about career paths, employment and advancement in the field of business administration from Business Administration Information.