A major in health and exercise science can prepare you for a variety of careers. Whether you want to focus on health promotion, strength and conditioning, physical therapy, kinesiology or research, your degree in health and exercise science can give you the options you need to develop the career of your choosing or pursue graduate study. Get started at Bridgewater College.
Specific requirements for this major can be found in the College Catalog.
Careers and Graduate Schools
What can you do with a degree in health and exercise science?
Like the department’s recent graduates, you might enter graduate schools such as:
- College of Charleston
- University of Delaware
- Delta State University
- University of Florida
- Georgia Southern University
- James Madison University
- Louisiana Tech University
- University of Maryland‑Baltimore County
- University of Maryland‑Eastern Shore
- Mississippi State University
- North Carolina State University
- Northwestern State University
- Old Dominion University
- Shenandoah University
- University of Virginia
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia Tech
Or pursue a career as:
- Adapted Physical Education Supervisor
- Athletic Director
- Medical Interpreter
- Nutrition Specialist
- Occupational Therapist
- Personal Trainer
- Physical Therapist
- Physician (MD or DO)
- Physician Assistant
- Recreation Specialist
- Recreation Therapist
- Sports League Manager
- Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Learn more about career paths, employment and advancement in a variety of Health and Human Sciences fields on the Career and Professional Resources page.
Questions? Contact Us!
Jill Lassiter, Associate Professor