It is the policy of Bridgewater College that students should have an accessible process to bring problems or complaints to the attention of the College for review and resolution. The College has separate and specific policies with procedures to address (a) allegations of harassment or discrimination, (b) concerns related to academic issues, and (c) allegations of sexual misconduct (addressed in a separate section (.pdf) of this handbook). In addition, the College has a general grievance process to address other complaints a student may have regarding the conduct of another student or a faculty or staff member. Any student seeking redress for a perceived grievance must utilize one of the procedures identified in this handbook.
In addition the grievance procedures, there are resources both on and off campus available to provide support services to students seeking redress for a grievance.
- Counseling Services – 540-828-5402; email@example.com
- Dr. Chip Studwell (Director of Academic Support and Disability Services) – 540-828-5370; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Leslie Frere (Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students) – 540-828-5380; email@example.com
- Alexandra Costner (Director of Student Conduct and Restorative Practices) – 540-828-8051; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liz Howley (Assistant Dean of Students) – 540-828-5356; email@example.com
- Dr. Robert Andersen (Associate Dean for Academic Affairs) – 540-828-5350; firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Manson (Director of Student Outreach Services) – 540-828-5324; email@example.com
- Health Services – 540-515-3749; firstname.lastname@example.org