Bridgewater College has a college-wide reporting system for the care and support of students.
Reporting is possible for a variety of behaviors, but if you are concerned about a student’s immediate health, safety or welfare, please call Campus Police & Safety at 540-828-5609. Officers can assist you with assessing the situation and determining if immediate intervention is necessary.
Report a student concern
Select and complete the online reporting form appropriate for your student concern. If you are not sure which form is applicable, please be sure to complete one of the reporting forms and it will be routed to the appropriate resource. The first and most important step in helping a student is reporting the concern.
- Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form
- BC CARES: Student Concerns Reporting Form
- General Student Conduct Reporting Form
More about CARE team
CARE is short for Connection Assessment Referral Effort. The CARE team is a multi-disciplinary body of stakeholders from across the College that receive BC Care reports. CARE reports can address any behaviors that impact a student’s ability to be successful at Bridgewater College. It is important to recognize that behaviors that may be unique or eccentric are not always detrimental, dangerous or threatening. Once a report is received, the CARE team will collect any additional information needed and employ appropriate strategies for addressing the situation. The CARE team will keep the reporter informed of the team’s actions when possible; not all information can be shared due to confidentiality.
CARE team members
- Liz Howley, Assistant Dean of Students, Chair of CARE Team
- Alexandra Johnson, Director of Residential Life and Community Standards
- Dr. Neal Rittenhouse, Associate Dean of Students
- Shannon Pope, Director of Student Wellness
- Robert Hammill, Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs
- Heather Grant, Associate Athletic Director
- Becky Snead, Senior Clinician
- Dr. Manuela Gabriel, Associate Dean of Students – Diversity & Inclusion
- Rev. Dr. Robbie Miller, College Chaplain
- Anne Marsh, Director of Study Abroad
- John Manson, Director of Student Outreach Services
- Denise Miller, Assistant Director of Academic Support
- Dr. Leslie Frere, VP for Student Life and Dean of Students
Questions? Contact us!
Department of Student Life 540-828-5380 firstname.lastname@example.org