Helping You Adapt to Living in the U.S.
Welcome to Bridgewater! We are here to help you make a successful transition to Bridgewater College. You’re here to immerse yourself in a new culture. We want to help you make the most of this exciting opportunity.
- Pick you up from the airport when you arrive in the U.S.
- Offer an orientation session specifically for international students, with information you need about Bridgewater, living in the U.S. and immigration policies
- Provide assistance surrounding your immigration status
- Provide academic advising and other assistance as needed
- Help you adjust to your new environment and meet other students through campus-wide activities and cross-cultural events
- Help you make career decisions and apply for internships or jobs
- Assist you in completing graduate school applications
Improving Your English
If you believe you would benefit from additional English language education, enter the affiliated Intensive English Program at Eastern Mennonite University. This will allow you to take additional English classes and build your language skills before entering Bridgewater.