Skip to main content


The registrar’s office oversees the security and accuracy of students’ course records, provides academic support to faculty and students and processes appropriate requests for information for current students, faculty, staff and alumni.

Go to MyBC for course registration, add/drop dates, exam schedules and more.

For information on academic policies, degree requirements, grading system, graduation honors and general education requirements, see the current academic catalog.

Course Schedules

Transfer Credits

For transfer credit approval, download and submit the Permission to Take Courses for Transfer Credit Form (.pdf).

Advanced Placement Credit Policy

Request Transcripts

In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, a student’s academic record can only be released upon written request by the student. Students requesting an official or student copy of their transcript may do so in writing to the registrar’s office. By law, the request must include the student’s signature and date of request. Transcripts will be issued to the student or institution designated, provided that all financial obligations to Bridgewater College have been met.

Official Transcript Request – Online

Transcripts can be ordered electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse  24 hours a day, seven days a week. You will be guided through the easy step-by-step process and receive email and/or text message updates on your order. Electronic transcripts are normally sent within one hour, but could take up to one business day. There is a $5.00 fee per transcript for this service. If you have a hold on your account, your order will not be processed. Please contact the appropriate office to resolve this matter. When the hold is removed, you will need to reorder your transcript.

If your name has changed, please contact the registrar’s office at or 540-828-5314 so that we can update your name in our system.

Official Transcript Request – Paper (Please allow up to 7 business days for processing)

You may request a transcript by:
1. Visiting the registrar’s office and completing a request form
2. Printing the transcript request form (.docx), completing the required information and mailing the form to the registrar’s office, or email the completed form to Elaine Long at
3. Faxing the completed transcript request form

If you are unable to fill out the Transcript Request form, written requests for transcripts should contain the following information:

• Date
• Full Name (as it was when you attended)
• Social Security Number
• Current Address
• Dates of Attendance
• Address to Which the Transcript Should be Mailed
• If it is to be Official or Unofficial
• Your Signature

Information to Assist Veterans, Military Personnel and Their Families

If you are seeking to use veteran’s educational assistance benefits or tuition assistance benefits, please contact the registrar, Cynthia Howdyshell-Shull, at or 540-828-5313. The registrar coordinates application for these benefits and will contact other departments as appropriate for academic counseling, financial aid counseling and student support services.

Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974